At the Climate Action Now booth, festival-goers shared stories of family members affected by extreme weather events, such as heat waves in Reno and hurricanes in New Jersey, according to a post on the Watsonville Patch Boards.
They also made climate pledges, including:
- Educate others about the catastrophic consequences of climate change.
- Walk, ride a bicycle, carpool, or take the bus.
- Use grey water on plants.
Patch boards are the perfect place to look for local recommendations and endorsements like this one. They're like the bulletin board at your community center or local coffee shop: a great forum for when you're seeking music lessons, want to share an update on your business or need to let your neighbors know about an upcoming celebration. You can also use the boards to ask your neighbors a question or to start a local conversation.
Also on the boards this week:
- Two Locals Earn Honors at Azusa Pacific University
- How did you like this year's Strawberry Festival?
- Enter the 'It’s All in the Sauce' Contest
- 2001 Pontiac Aztek for Sale
- Time is running out...The Central Coast Pop Warner Football invite you to sign up
- FARE 5K Walk/Run for Food Allergy
- Musicians & Singers Needed
- ANNOUNCING “VINS DES MONTAGNES”