The new local boards on Watsonville Patch are hopping with important city announcements—that road repair project was delayed, FYI—as well as job listings and social events.
Patch boards are like the bulletin board at your community center or local coffee shop. They're a great place to post when you're seeking music lessons, want to share an update on your business or need to let your neighbors know about an upcoming celebration. You can also use the boards to ask your neighbors a question or to start a local conversation.
Subscribe to any of our local boards by clicking the button that says "Get the daily newsletter" at the top of the page to get these updates from your friends and neighbors instantly in your inbox. Post to the boards simply by clicking in the box that says, "What's up?"
Here's a selection of the top posts in Watsonville over the last couple days:
- North Star Biofuels is hiring. The company just built a biodiesel plant in Watsonville's industrial area. Check out the job post here.
- The city's road repair project got pushed back. It will start on Monday. Check with the city to find out when your street will be closed.
- 100+ Men Who Care is meeting in Santa Cruz on Sept. 12. The organization makes donations to impact and effect change in young boys, young men, men and fathers.
- Remember your reusable grocery bags. The fee for a paper bag increased to 25 cents in the city on Sept. 1.
- The County Fair opens Tuesday and there's a big gala that night to celebrate. Get tickets here.