It won't be under a big top, but lions and tigers and bears—oh my!—are coming to town next week for two Piccadilly Circus shows at the .
The circus has been traveling all over North America, putting on family-friendly shows for 25 years.
Circus officials promise "we've pulled out all the stops" for the quick one-day, two-performance stop in Watsonville. Visitors will be entertained with:
- Elephant Extravaganza, where a four-footed elephant stands on one foot;
- Motorcycle Madness, which has motorcycle daredevils somersaulting and spinning in a big Globe of Doom;
- Katunga, the giant jungle monster;
- the fabulous Mongolian Angels contortionists;
- the White Tiger Spectacular;
- crazy comedy with circus clowns;
- a 1923 Model T with a mind of its own;
- daring aerialists;
- cirque artists;
- and Piccadilly's special attraction, Rocky the Boxing Kangaroo, a 250-pound marsupial.
The shows are at 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Special "Buy One, Get One Free" adult tickets are available online at www.TheFunCircus.com and free children‟s tickets have been distributed at elementary schools, preschools, day care centers and churches in Watsonville The free tickets are also available at sponsoring businesses in the area.