Don't tell the kids, but summer is more than half over.
Oh sure, they have more days for playing in the park, summer sports and hanging around the neighborhood. But by now, parents are beginning to think about scheduling school physicals, checking on school open houses and getting school supplies.
So pencil in these school start dates and click on the links for the school calendar you need. Then, no need to worry—you've got it covered.
Pajaro Valley Unified School District: Monday, Aug. 20, 2012
- Middle and High Schools start on Monday, Aug. 6.
- students return Monday, Aug. 27.
- Also, Food & Nutrition Services & Transportation Departments will be holding an application round up. During this time free and reduced meal applications and bus applications will be available for parents to fill out. Come to the PVUSD District Office Board Room at 294 Green Valley Rd. from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from July 30-Aug. 3 and Aug. 6-10; or 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 31 and Aug. 7.
- starts the school year with a back to school family and staff celebration at Pinto Lake County Park on Aug. 20. Weekly workshops for K-8 and on-site high school classes begin in early September.
St. Francis High School: Wednesday Aug. 15, 2012
- St. Francis freshmen have orientation 3-6:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 13. Parents are asked to join in at 5:30 p.m.
Monte Vista Christian School: Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012
Santa Cruz County Alternative Education: Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012
- This includes Watsonville Community School, Quetzal, Freedom Community, Success Academy, Esperanza Middle School
Mount Madonna School: Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2012
- There are several orientations, dinners and back-to-school events. Check out the calendar (link above) for specifics.