Patch Picks is a weekly feature highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, your family, friends and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date-night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, kids party places, parks and more.
Boutiques to browse: Looking for a cloudy day activity? Stay dry while shopping, or at least window shopping, at these Watsonville stores:
- The bright green storefront at will catch your eye. Pop in to the shop, downtown at 17 W. Lake Ave., for clothes, shoes, accessories and cosmetics. Hours: Monday to Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 pm; Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- is a Watsonville tradition. Artist Annie Morhauser creates one-of-a-kind glass treasures in the studio adjacent to the gift shop, at 310 Harvest Dr. The shop is open Monday to Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- is just outside of town on Laken Drive, off Holohan Road. This home-based business is cozy and friendly. Full of handmade gifts like candles and potpourri, the shop is only only open by appointment so call ahead, 831-763-1588.
- Plan ahead for spring with a stop into at Freedom Boulevard and Corralitos Road. The shop features pottery, outdoor decor and lawn furniture. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Also check out next door.
- Right downtown on Main Street, find . In addition to gifts, the store has a wide variety of cards and jewelry and sells party decorations. Gift wrapping is available. The shop is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays.
And, of course, people come from all over Santa Cruz County to shop at .