Watsonville Patch hung out at Overlook Shopping Plaza on Thursday evening, and asked dozens of people what their New Year's Resolutions were. Here are some of the most interesting replies:
- "Not having a face book for a year." — Pinar Kapkin, 14, student at Aptos High.
- "To start a blog completely about One Direction and update it every day for a year." — Kate Robins, 14, student at Aptos High. (One Direction is an Irish-British boy band.)
- "Stop doing drugs," Anonymous, 23, unemployed.
- "To actually do and complete a chore chart for my kids so that I don't have to yell at them all of the time to do their chores." — Andrea Siqueiros, 34, Barista.
- "I'm going to work smarter, not harder." — Jacqui Won, photographer.
- "Go back to college to study Graphic Design." — Darren Hicks, 23.
- "Get married." — Jovanni Guzman, 20, and Jessica Fernandez, 19
- "Lose weight with my spouse. We're going to do it together." — Sarah Alvarez, 26, stay-at-home Mom.
- "Start the Police Academy. I had it planned out for last year but something got in the way." — Fernando Flores, 22, Security Guard.
- "Get fit!" — Martiza Baniagua, 18, student at Watsonville High School.
- "To go back to school and finish my culinary school career. I want to be a chef." — Jonathan Lopez, 26, Barista.
- "Focus on smaller things to be better at the bigger things... In other words, Make as much money as I can so that I don't have to worry about the money that I spend. And continue being honest, kind, caring, an giving to people." — Joe Lagrimas, 38, Sales in Information Technology.
- "100 sit-ups a day." — Lisa Klaric, 46, Hair Dresser.
- "I want my kids to start doing more volunteer work." — Francesca Martinez, 48, Homemaker. Martinez helped initiate a recycling drive this year at Ann Soldo Elementary School this year and hopes to do more volunteer work like this.
- "Continuing to exercise more, eat ealthier, and take vitamins." — Tommy Marquez, 36, Tattoo Artist.
What is your New Year's Resolution? Share in the comments!