Did you make any New Year's resolutions yet? Better yet, did you just cut to the chase and break any already? I never make resolutions on January 1st. Instead, I use semantics and take the coward's way out. I make "goals". You might not make your goals, but you'll never break 'em.
With that in mind, here's a list of "goals" for the 2012:
- Finish the new CD, "Starlight Drive-In Saturday Night". This one's kind of a given, since we've started the project and have it planned out. Still, it's been a ton of work (in the most best of ways) and will way cool to see it completed. We're shooting for an early March release.
- Be more tolerant with folks who don't agree with me on any of the typical sensitive subjects. You know: politics, religion, guilty-pleasure bands. (Seriously, what's wrong with Styx?)
- Be LESS tolerant and more vocal with folks who don't agree with me on any of the same subjects. When I say "I'm pretty much middle of the road", and then someone says "me too", then proceeds to rant from the extreme right or left...well, don't assume my quietness is politeness. I'm just waiting for you to take a breath so I can get a word in edgewise.
- Be more patient. See items Nos. 2 and 3.
- Reduce clutter. I cheated. We've already started and did the attic today. This item is more of a life quest than a simple goal. But I'm optimistic.
- Pick up a new multi-year calendar. Seems easy, but I'm having a heck of a time finding a new Mayan calendar that goes past 2012. Did I miss a memo?
Happy new year, everyone. ;)