The Santa Cruz County Gang Task Force made seven arrests during probation and parole searches across the county Wednesday, reported Sheriff's Office Sgt. Stephan Fish, the commander of the task force.
A 14-year-old boy walking on Clifford Avenue in Watsonville was arrested for carrying a loaded revolver, Fish reported, highlighting that as the most notable arrest.
Overall, more than 20 probation searches and 2 parole searches were conducted as part of the operation.
Additional arrests included:
- Michael Chavera, 33, of Santa Cruz was arrested on suspicion of possession of controlled substance and a parole violation.
- Marshall Hernandez, 18 of Watsonville was arrested on suspicion of a probation violation, possession of knife and gang participation.
- Alex Magallanes, 29, of Santa Cruz was arrested for a warrant.
- Miguel Silva, 28, of Santa Cruz was arrested on suspicion of possession of a hypodermic syringe and a probation violation
- A Santa Cruz man was arrested for an unrelated DUI warrant.
- A 17-year-old Watsonville resident was arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife and a probation violation.
Personnel from the Santa Cruz Sheriff’s Office, Watsonville Police Department, Santa Cruz Police Department, Scotts Valley Police Department, California Highway Patrol, Santa Cruz County Anti Crime Team, Santa Cruz Auto-theft Recovery & Enforcement Team and the Santa Cruz County Probation Department assisted in the effort, Fish reported.