Oven Explodes at Bakery

A man was taken to the hospital following a gas leak explosion at La Manzana Bakery on Main Street, a TV news station reported.

An explosion rocked a Watsonville strip mall Tuesday evening and injured one man, according to emergency radio traffic.

An oven at , on the 1200 block of Main Street, blew up just after 7:30 p.m.

A gas leak caused the explosion, according to Central Coast News. The TV station reported a person inside La Manzana Bakery was injured and taken to a hospital.

crews handled the incident and cleared the area within about 30 minutes.

The bakery, which serves fresh pastries and Mexican hot chocolate, was closed when the oven exploded.

Jean Vengua September 28, 2011 at 05:27 AM
Gas leak? Wow, I'm thinking this could've been much worse than it was. Hope the injured guy is OK.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »