Watsonville Homicides 2011
- Dec. 10: about four miles outside of town. Another teen, also 14, was injured but survived. Five suspected Sureño gang members have been arrested and charged with crimes related to the deadly shooting.
- July 23: in broad daylight. He was a 20-year-old field worker from Prunedale with gang ties. Watsonville police later arrested the man suspected of driving the getaway car, but not the shooter.
- July 17: on the 600 block of Rodriguez Street. Watsonville police said he was attacked by four gang members, who have not been identified or arrested.
- July 9: and died on the side of Manfre Road. He was leaving a birthday party when he was killed. Sheriff's detectives say the shooting was gang related. No arrests have been made.
- July 6: The murder-suicide happened in a Lawrence Avenue home.
- June 7: Miranda had opened fire inside the Big 5 Sporting Goods store and refused to surrender.
- April 9: in Watsonville and dropped off at the hospital, where he died. Watsonville police said the shooting had some gang ties because Ramirez was a known gang member. No arrests have been made.
- Jan. 2: in front of his mother’s house on Pennsylvania Avenue when he stepped outside just after midnight. The attack was gang related but no arrests have been made, according to Watsonville police.