Starting today, Watsonville Patch will run a new weekly feature called Patch Picks, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, your family, friends and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, kids party places, parks and more.
Super Bowl Sunday: If you don't have a Super Bowl party to attend, join your neighbors at a local bar or restaurant to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers battle it out with the Green Bay Packers. Here are a few suggestions on where to watch:
1. will host a Superbowl party, complete with a "Tailgate Menu," give-aways, a raffle and drink specials. Try a pulled-pork or tri-tip sandwich and wash it down with your choice of a $2 Bud or a $3 Corona. The bar, at 1934 Main St., opens at 2 p.m.
2. opens at 11 a.m. with half-price appetizers. Draft beer and speciality drinks also will be on sale. The restaurant is at 1105 S. Green Valley Rd.
3. Bring something to share if you head to the on Freedom Boulevard and Green Valley Road. The bar will host a Super Bowl potluck.
4. Downtown, stop into at 522 Main St. for a low-key spot to catch the game.
5. , at 1032 E. Lake Ave., also will have the game playing on its big screen TVs.
And just a heads-up: is closed Sunday, so don't stop in hoping for Super Bowl festivities.