The Pajaro Rescue Mission scored some new wheels this week, thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor, Watsonville Police Chief Manny Solano reported.
, a former city council member, helped facilitate the gift of a Ford Focus station wagon to the mission. It will be used daily for food deliveries, clothing pick-up/drop-off and to help shuttle shelter clients to medical appointments, according to Solano.
The mission, at 111 Railroad Ave. in Pajaro, has been assisting the community for 50 years. It provides a full range of services:
- serves more than 3,000 meals a month
- houses 100 men a night in a modern, well-ventilated dorms
- houses Teen Challenge and Victory Outreach, cost-free substance abuse recovery programs
- offers bilingual daily Bible services evenings from 7:30-8:30
- provides daily showers and a clean change of clothing
To help, donate hygiene supplies, food and clothing. They also need volunteer Bible teachers and help with the evening services. Contact the rescue mission at 831-724-9576 or email@example.com.